Tungsten carbide rolls is also well known as tungsten carbide cold roll, which is mainly used to produce smooth wire or ribbe wire for the construction reinforcement field.
Benefit from the application of the most modern production methods and the use of the high quality materials, as well as our most experienced employees who manufacture the tungsten carbide rolls, Miller defines a new standard in wire reduction. and increased wire quality through improved surface finishing and rib geometry.
Benefits of using tungsten carbide rolls:
- Tungsten carbide rolls can last up to 50 times longer than conventional, hardened tool steel rolls
- Guaranteed product performance, save more time and work efficiently
- Solves excess wear problems on any roll section of the mill
- Fewer changeovers, due to excessive wear on hardened tool steel rolls
- Holds tighter tolerances on tube and pipe
- Tungsten carbide rolls should be considered, when high footage/tonnage is required from any one particular size
- Eliminates pick-up to give tube and pipe a better surface finish
- Rolls can be solid carbide on smaller mills or carbide-inserted for larger rolls
- Miller’s design expertise can assist in cost justification
- Drag finished roll surface for the best wire quality
- Grinding of all profiles and markings
- Optimum chemical composition and physical properties of carbides
|Name||Tungsten carbide wire rolls|
|Other Names||Tungsten carbide wire mesh rolls|
|Material||Tungsten carbide, hard metal, hard alloy,tungsten steel|
|Composition||Tungsten carbide – TC: 80-92%, Binder – Ni+Co+Cr: 8-20%|
|Features,Advantages||Wear resistant, corrosion resistant, impact resistant|
|Size Ranges||Outter Dia:800mm, Inner Dia≤700mm, Thickness≤400mm|
|Applications(Hot Roll)||Aluminium and copper wire rod reduction rollers|
|Applications(Cold Roll )||Sizing, Forming reducing and profiling rolls are made of tungsten carbide or steel and are used to produce smooth or ribbed wire for the construction reinforcement field.|
Application of tungsten carbide wire rolls-SIZING, FORMING, REDUCING AND PROFILING ROLLS
Sizing, Forming reducing and profiling rolls are made of tungsten carbide or steel and are used to produce smooth or ribbed wire for the construction reinforcement field.
Tungsten carbide rolls for with ribs (or indentation) to follow different market standards.
Roll holders are made of steel and hold sizing, forming, reducing and profiling rolls.
Descaling rolls are made of tungsten carbide or steel and are used for the mechanical descaling of entry rod in reduction mills.
TUNGSTEN CARBIDE INSERTS FOR MECHANICAL DESCALING
Integral tungsten carbide inserts for the mechanical descaling of entry rod in reduction mills.
STRESS RELIEVING ROLLS
Stress relieving rolls are made of tungsten carbide to improve the mechanical characteristics of the cold rolled wire.
These are made of tungsten carbide and are used for metal strips for electrical contacts.
TUNGSTEN CARBIDE ROLLS FOR STRIPS
Tungsten carbide rolls for strips to be used in the first roughing stands which use wire rod.
Roughing rolls are made of tungsten carbide.
MOTORIZED ROLLS FOR WIRE PULLING
Different solution of motorized rolls for wire pulling, recommended for critical wire passages.
ROLLS FOR HOT ROLLING
Rolls made of steel or tungsten carbide insert for hot rolling of copper or aluminium wire rod.
In addition to the rolls for Welded Tube, Miller is able to produce any type of rolls according to customer specifications.
Some example are:
Rolls for Car Rims
Steel rolls used to produce car/industrial vehicle rims.
These rolls are used to straighten tubes and, according to the dimensions of the tube to be produced, can be made of steel or tungsten carbide.
Rolls for Open Profiles
Are made to produce special profiles for various uses such as shelves, sliding guides and decorative applications.
Call us today or email to [email protected] to discuss your requirements.
Our personal service begins as soon as we answer the phone or email.